Thursday, February 4, 2010

Groundhog's Day

I celebrated my 8th wedding anniversary this week. Goundhog's Day 2002. Ironic? Yes. I didn't celebrate it as an anniversary. It's our first year apart leading seperate lives. So what does a newly single lady do on her first wedding anniversary as a unmarried lady? Eat bacon.

I'm not sure what inspired me to eat bacon as a clelebration but it seemed fitting. I invited over some of my close friends (there were 5 of us) and we had a bacon party. Everyone made a dish and there was even bacon chocolate cake (delicious). Piper even ate some!

I din't cry or invest in any sad feelings. I celebrated and enjoyed myself with people who love me and treat me well. What a difference a year can make.

1 comment:

  1. I love it. You didn't even sit around and eat bacon yourself - you invited friends to celebrate! Brilliant, darlin'.

    xo

    ReplyDelete